- Discuss the latest practices for the production of “reliable” geochemical data that are associated with small measurement uncertainties
- Provide an overview of current understanding of metrological traceability and the proper use of reference materials
- Describe the role of measurement uncertainty and how it is effected by such issues as sample preparation,sample heterogeneity and data acquisition. Highlight the role of the IAG and its support of the geoanalytical community
Specific Topics to be Covered
- Recent trends in sampling and sample preparation. Proper IUPAC terminology and recent ISO guidelines.
- Reference materials for quality control and method development.
- The role of proficiency testing within overall data quality assurance.
- The production of new certified reference materials
- 2013: Goldschmidt 2013 Boron, Pisa (Italy)
- 2013: Goldschmidt 2013 QA, Firenze (Italy)
- Nuts and Bolts of Mass Spectrometry Details >>
- 2011: Goldschmidt 2011, Prague (Czech Republic)
- 2010: Goldschmidt 2010, Knoxville (USA)
- 2009: Goldschmidt 2009, Davos (Switzerland)
- 2008: Goldschmidt 2008, Vancouver (Canada)
- 2007: Goldschmidt 2007, Köln (Germany)